Health & Medical Plans- Effective Jan. 1, 2021

To help take care of you and those who depend on you, MVWSD contributes to the cost for the insurance medical, dental and vision plans listed above. Annually, there is an open enrollment period. MVWSD’s employees’ health benefits are provided through United Health Care and Kaiser, as part of a Joint Powers Agreement with School Insurance Group (SIG).

Watch the benefits video by clicking on the image below

During the Open Enrollment period, each staff member must enroll for new coverage or make a change in status if necessary. No action is needed if you are not planning to make changes to benefits for the coming year.  To check your benefits, log on to Workterra(The company name is “Mountain View Whisman SD.” Your User ID will be the first character of your first name, followed by your full Last Name. Your password is one you set last year.)  For help with Workterra, click here

This year:
* You may change your medical carrier from your existing carrier to either United HealthCare or Kaiser.
* You may add or drop a person from your medical (United HealthCare or Kaiser)
* You may drop a person or waive dental and/or vision for the High and Low plans only. 
* You MAY NOT make ANY changes to your dental and/or vision Premium plan.

To view the providers available on United Health Care:
1. Log on to:
2. Select, “Find a Provider”
3. Select “Medical Directory”
4. Select “All UHC Plans”
5. Select “SignatureValue Plans”
6. Select “Medical Directory”
7. Select “California”
8. Select either “SignatureValue HMO"- *includes Sutter or “SignatureValue Advantage HMO” - does *not* include Sutter
9. Enter your search criteria

Benefit Rates- Effective Jan. 1, 2021

Medical, Dental and Vision Plan rates

Comparisons - Effective Jan. 1, 2021

Medical Plans Comparison - UHC and KP
Vision Plans Comparison
Dental Plans Comparison

If you have questions regarding medical coverage or other benefits, please contact Kimberly Martinez and Michael Hernandez.


In addition to the District’s contribution to your STRS/PERS retirement account, you have the option to open tax-savings accounts, such as 403(b)/457 plans. For information, contact Doris Wang by email or at (408) 396-6988.

Flexible Spending Accounts

You can enroll for a Section 125 Flex Spending Account (FSA) for medical and dependent care expenses. To make an appointment with Colonial, click here or call  775-382-1287 or email


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.