Required Documents

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (Printable checklist  lista en español)


I. Proof of Age: (Age requirements AR 5111 - Admission)

ONE of the following ORIGINAL documents

• Birth certificate

• Valid passport

• Baptismal record

II. Proof of Immunization and Tuberculosis test/risk assessment

Provide up-to-date and documented immunization and TB risk assessment or skin test performed by a healthcare provider within 12 months prior to school registration.  

Click here to see immunization detailed requirements (immunization detailed requirements in Spanish) or visit www.shotsforschool.orgNew regulations are effective July 2019.

III. Proof of Residency  (Click here to locate your school)

• Complete the Statement of Residence form (Declaración de Domicilio)


ONE of the following, Parent/Legal Guardian's picture ID:

• Current State Driver's License

• Current State ID Card

• Valid Passport, Consulate issued picture ID or Military ID

• Voter Registration Card


ONE of the following ORIGINAL documents with parent/guardian's name and Mountain View address:

• Current valid Vehicle Registration

• State or Federal Tax Return filed within the past 12 months with W-2 form attached (not business return)

• Current bank statement issued within 35 days from the date of registration


ONE of the following ORIGINAL documents with parent/guardian's name and Mountain View address:

• Current Property Tax bill with parent/guardian's name, and property address, indicating Homeowner's Exemption

• Current Lease-Rental agreement on company printed forms, which include parent/guardian's name; manager or owner's name and phone number (Military housing residents need to provide "Assignment to Quarters" form from the Base Housing Department.)

• IF APPLICABLE: Parents/guardians who cannot provide the required proof of residency must complete the Affidavit of Parent Residence (Declaración Jurada de Domicilio).  In addition to the Affidavit, the registered resident must provide either the Property Tax Bill in their name or the Lease-Rental Agreement in their name.  

Note: If you have uncertain housing, a temporary address or no permanent physical address, your child is guaranteed enrollment in MVWSD by the federal McKinney-Vento Act and California state law. You can enroll your child without the residency documents typically required. For questions, contact Priscila Bogdanic at 650-526-3500 ext 1120.

IV. If Applicable:

 • Special Education Services, if your student receives additional services for a learning disability, such as special day class, resources, or speech, etc., it would be extremely helpful if you provide a copy of the most current IEP at the time of registration.

 • Legal Matter/Custody/Orders, etc., to clearly define custody, restraining orders, etc., provide a copy of the court order that has been filed with the courts at the time of registration.

• Request for Cumulative Records (Solicitud del Archivo del Historial Académico del Estudiante), for students entering 1st-8th grade, coming from another school, enables MVWSD to request records from the former school.    

• Proof of Health Examination, for students entering 1st grade. Not required for kindergarten entry.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.